Saturday, July 21, 2012

Todays Progress on Kor'Sarro Khan riding his bike Moondrakkan

Front of Moondrakkan with Kor'Sarro Khan
I made some more progress today on Kor'Sarro Khan, Moondrakkan and Moonfang.  I popped off all of the winged skulls on the tires, both front and rear, cleaned up the oddballs and tried to reset them all evenly, as tire tread should be.










I took out a tiny drill bit and added vents where they were missing on the Multimelta barrel exhausts on both sides, and I still need to clean that up a bit.
Left side of Kor'Sarro Khan on his bike Moondrakkan

I added the little skulls from on top of the antennae on the marine bike sprues to the ends of the handlebars.  And I can see I forgot to push him all the way down in the saddle so he's holding on, my mistake.

Kor'Sarro Khan on his bike Moondrakkan

And the view from the rear, a good shot of the tire and his cloak, and if you look closely you can see the saddle back I added back on the bike with some green stuff as the original is now long gone.
Rear tire

 In this shot and the next you can see some of the work I did on Moonfang.  I tried to clean up where I had drilled poorly and the pin is exposed on the sword.  I 'sharpened' the blade, making the metal and plastic transition as smooth as I could so hopefully after paint it will be unnoticeable.  Also I filed the remnants of the hand off the hilt and did the wire wrapping.  I didn't think I could sculpt a texture into the hilt of Moonfang and on the right side handlebar of Moondrakkan, as they are both exposed so I got some wire that was really tiny and wrapped it on.  Also you can see the exhaust pipes I added more vents to...
Kor'Sarro Khan on his bike Moondrakkan with Moonfang
Wire wrapping for texture






 




 Also I put green stuff on the base and tracked the tire across, leaving the print of the front tire in the still soft putty.  I hope you can see it in the pics, it may be too hard without paint.
All in all not bad for today's progress, I hope you enjoy it, and maybe give you some ideas for your own versions.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this conversion! The front of the bike is totally amazing. Very inspiring indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments. I wish I could say his inaugural game was a success, but Mephiston accepted Kor'Sarro's challenge, and promptly beat him to death at Initiative 7, but that is for another post. :)

      Delete